Translate this page:   العربية   Deutsch   ελληνικά   title="Spanish"Español   فارسی   Français   Italiano   עברית   日本語   한국어   Nederlands   Polski   Portuguese   русский   украї́нська   Türkçe   中文

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Adveni

Thanks to the perpetual benevolence of the keepers of this blog, your humble servant has now found (non-canonical) domicile on the Internet. This early stage inspires hope that I will be a useful and productive member of the community, and not lapse into neglect.

Let's start with this amazing collect:
Oremus. Deus, qui ad conterendos Ecclesiae tuae hostes et ad divinum cultum reparandum, beatum Pium Pontificem Maximum eligere dignatus es: fac nos ipsius defendi praesidiis et ita tuis inhaerere obsequiis, ut omnium hostium superatis insidiis, perpetua pace laetemur. Per Christum Dominum nostrum. Amen.
Alas, not knowing where he was, I didn't get to visit our dear Pius V this weekend at St Mary Major, but Pius X is a worthy replacement (you can see his body!).

Sancti Thomæ a Villa Nova.

Comments [5]

Blogger Brownthing:

Hey Juanito,

As long as you stay more productive than me, you're in good shape, my friend.

St Mary Major? You're in Rome?!

Thu Sep 22, 08:41:00 PM GMT  
Blogger Perpétua:

Hooray, Johannes! :) Isn't it great, you can go and see St Pius X, Blessed John XXIII, and Paul VI all in one go! :)

Fri Sep 23, 05:55:00 AM GMT  
Blogger Juan:

Oh it was indeed great. Paul VI is in the crypt, like John Paul I. Now I only wish they'd let a priest say the old Mass on the Pius X altar.

I had the impression that there were priests saying Mass the entire time at all the side altars, but I was mistaken.

Fri Sep 23, 07:30:00 AM GMT  
Blogger Boeciana:

Have you been at 7am (you probably have)? Masses everywhere. Bowled me over.

Pax et bonum!

Fri Sep 23, 09:45:00 AM GMT  
Blogger Juan:

Really? I woke up at six and went to the Frat House chapel instead. I should have known.

But it should be done all day as well.

Fri Sep 23, 07:54:00 PM GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home