Translate this page:   العربية   Deutsch   ελληνικά   title="Spanish"Español   فارسی   Français   Italiano   עברית   日本語   한국어   Nederlands   Polski   Portuguese   русский   украї́нська   Türkçe   中文

Friday, October 28, 2005

Neat

This lovely item was a reward for aimless wandering in the library of the Pontifical Insitute of Mediaeval Studies in Toronto. Fruits of indolence, having taken in too much of the Corpus Christianorum, Series Latina or my beloved dusty volumes of the Patrologia Latina. I can't imagine who would use it as a bookmark. Furthermore, I wonder who had it.
This day saw the promulgation of, among other things, Nostra aetate. Forty years hence, the Council formally closed on Immaculate Conception 1965.

Comments [5]

Blogger Brownthing:

What *is* it? I can't read it.

Sat Oct 29, 06:06:00 AM GMT  
Blogger Juan:

The Household of His Holiness

Personal pass to attend
upon the august presence of
HIS HOLINESS PAUL VI PP
at the public sessions of the
Second Vatican Ecumenical Council
to take place at the patriarchal
Vatican basilica
Thursday 28 October
9 am


I'm sure there was a tiara involved. (Or at least I hope.)

Sat Oct 29, 09:31:00 AM GMT  
Blogger Boeciana:

It still strikes me as comical that a scholarly institution is named after a summery drink...

(Geddit??!!)

Gonnae email us, Johannes? (Cos obviously I was so prompt in replying last time... Apologies!)

Tue Nov 01, 02:55:00 PM GMT  
Anonymous Anonymous:

My dear friend,
I would like to inform you that everything contained in library books belongs to the library; even if it is an abandoned "book mark." Did Fr. Farge or Caroline say you could keep it?

librarypage

Thu Nov 03, 01:48:00 PM GMT  
Anonymous Tacitus:

My Dear Library Page,

Why stick merely to things found in books, whoever left em there? Why not declare that anything at all brought into the library shall from that time on 'belong' to the librarians? I'm sure you can devise even more profitable Rules, if you try.

Your obedient servant,

Tacitus.

Thu Nov 03, 10:33:00 PM GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home