Translate this page:   العربية   Deutsch   ελληνικά   title="Spanish"Español   فارسی   Français   Italiano   עברית   日本語   한국어   Nederlands   Polski   Portuguese   русский   украї́нська   Türkçe   中文

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Status updates.

Hey guys. Just posting because I haven't in a long time. Fr. Charles Mwongera-whatever-the-rest-of-his-surname-is who attended Juventutem as a seminarian (one of the Kenyans) is staying over at S. Bede's, which is nice. Frs CB and AS seem to have assumed that I knew him rather better than I do, since I was off with the Chorus of Frogs (and Hungarians...) for much of the fortnight. At any rate, we've had a nice trip to London together with some random Mexican seminarians and all is well.

I have been busily sewing vestments (yes, sewing. Please don't faint) for assorted members of the clergy whom I've never actually met. This is difficult given the lack of information as to, for example, how tall they are. Nice brocade fabric reduces need for embroidery. Take note.

Please pray for me and for the (currently) three other girls who appear to be set for France in October. Well, when He closes the door He usually opens a window somewhere... The only problem is telling parents.

Jozi, Lloyd and Helen presumably say 'Hello'.

Comments [4]

Blogger Lactantius:

JMR,

What makes you think anyone is going to faint at the thought of you sewing? To me it is yet another string to bow (pardon the pun). I for one hope to acquire the talent myself, after some instruction from my grandmother. At least enough to be able to make repairs to albs, cassocks and surplices, though I wish I could do some lacework.

I do sympathize with your receiving no measurements because according to one of my books on serving at the altar when there are several priests simply place out vestments with labels saying small, medium, large and extra large. The only catch is that when you are already on the short size, everything else appears large and extra large.

You are of course already in my prayers, so I will simply add the three other girls to the list.

Finally concerning that poster you got from the Dominicans in Cologne with the nuns on ice. Here in Australia one phone company has a rather cheeky commercial depicting a group of penguins driving along a street and stopping to pick up what they presume is another penguin. Turns out to be a nun and she appears to be a Dominican or a Sister for Life, giving cause for much pouting by the penguins as they drive away.

Sun Jul 29, 10:26:00 AM GMT  
Blogger Liturgeist:

Brilliant!!!

As for the sewing? I am not noted for feminine pursuits. Not that sewing is feminine, per se: My grandfather sewed and knitted (I really wish that were 'knat') regularly. But embroidery probably is.

Wed Aug 01, 08:35:00 PM GMT  
Blogger AuntsAnon:

J,

Praised be Jesus Christ! I'll definitely keep you in my prayers as you embark on your new adventure. I would be happy to join you in France, but since I hardly know any French, God seems to have other plans for me right now. As you mentioned, where God closes a door, somewhere He opens a window....

If you can spare any prayers for me, I would be most grateful.

In JMJT,
Kristin (who was with you when you got the Dominican Nuns poster in Cologne)

Sat Aug 04, 04:32:00 AM GMT  
Anonymous Anonymous:

Mum, Dad, I'm going to France, and it's going to be wonderful.

God bless you, my dear!

Sun Aug 05, 09:30:00 AM GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home