Translate this page:   العربية   Deutsch   ελληνικά   title="Spanish"Español   فارسی   Français   Italiano   עברית   日本語   한국어   Nederlands   Polski   Portuguese   русский   украї́нська   Türkçe   中文

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

O Oriens

Please say a quick prayer for me as I visit Sydney for a few days. I hope this time I will have the opportunity to enter St Mary's crypt and give reverence to Archbishop Polding and a few other of my favourite people.

Today is the feast of St Thomas, Jude's birthday, and about my favourite of the Great O's:

O Oriens, splendor lucis aeternae et sol justitiae: veni et illumina sedentes in tenebris et umbra mortis.

And because we only use the rose twice a year, the vestments are famous at the NLM, and Bishop Prowse is sweet, here is a picture of him glancing on the newly confirmed on Laetare:



Comments [0]

Post a Comment

<< Home