Translate this page:   العربية   Deutsch   ελληνικά   title="Spanish"Español   فارسی   Français   Italiano   עברית   日本語   한국어   Nederlands   Polski   Portuguese   русский   украї́нська   Türkçe   中文

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Pilgrim returns

I'm back from the below mentioned Christus Rex pilgrimage. I couldn't walk the whole distance, but I prayed for you all along the way. I have never done something so penitential in my life, never have I had to rely on prayer and saintly intercession so much. Marching under the Cross, reaching the Cathedral at the end... glorious. It is hard to describe in words. On Friday we stopped at a beautiful little country church along our path, and the incense was so intense that I could see little clouds passing by my eyes! I hear there is quite a science behind it! I have decided that another good idea for pilgrimage would be to visit the Archdiocese's worst churches, making acts of reparation along the way. I have one in mind already...

It is so hot here, I really should go to the air-conditioned library to try and learn all these Latin lists - hic haec hoc and all those other lovely things...

We have Solemn Requiem tonight at 7:30pm. Requiem aeternam dona eis Domine, et lux perpetua luceat eis. Yesterday, Melbourne had a public holiday for a silly horse race (that we ended up watching at a bistro with the Fathers!), but it was wonderful claiming the day for the Saints :) Please say a prayer for me! :)

Comments [1]

Blogger Xavier:

Hello Perpetua! It was a wonderful weekend, made especially so by such holy and devout priests and nuns which gave us hope the whole way through that perhaps there was a chance we would make it to Bendigo! A weekend...? Perhaps in time but it did not feel like that at all. As the final Mass was being celebrated in Bendigo on a beautiful Sunday afternoon, I couldn't help but feel that this was exactly why I came on this Pilgrimage. Everything leading up to it was glorious, wonderful, sometimes painful but always rewarding, but none of it came even close in comparison to this Solemn High Mass. Let's go Christus Rex Pilgrimage 2006! ps. this is a great site you've got here.

Mon Nov 07, 09:59:00 AM GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home