Translate this page:   العربية   Deutsch   ελληνικά   title="Spanish"Español   فارسی   Français   Italiano   עברית   日本語   한국어   Nederlands   Polski   Portuguese   русский   украї́нська   Türkçe   中文

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Die Grosse Stille

Saving me from thinking for myself, Fr PF - who was at the same showing as me - has written a good review of Die Grosse Stille.

I thought it was a beautiful film, and I'd very much like to see it again. I had an interesting experience while watching it, as I was with a blind friend and was roped into service as an audio describer, whispering as quietly as I could what was going on. Watching a film for someone else makes one think differently. Visually it was a slow and contemplative film, dwelling on each image at length - often one would see a door or window for a while, then something would 'happen' through it - monks walking past - then the camera would stay on the same shot for some time. Very beautiful. And rather hard to describe!


Pax et bonum omnibus!

Comments [1]

Blogger Xavier:

Hey Boeciana,

Thanks; that is a good review. I am dying to see it!

Fri Sep 01, 01:52:00 AM GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home