Translate this page:   العربية   Deutsch   ελληνικά   title="Spanish"Español   فارسی   Français   Italiano   עברית   日本語   한국어   Nederlands   Polski   Portuguese   русский   украї́нська   Türkçe   中文

Friday, August 04, 2006

From one Lord Sebastian Flyte

"I wish I liked Catholics more."
I think I've about had it with the Catholics. If they are satisfied with singing to themselves, then we'll dazzle the heathens - just as we should be doing anyhow. We aren't operating some flappy Catholic shuffle mission.

Comments [9]

Blogger Boeciana:

Off topic, but - Perpetua, I have a vague recollection that aaages ago you asked if anyone knew of a source of a hand Missal in Latin only. Well, if you haven't already found one - our local OPs are having to thin their library, and among other things I got a rather battered Missal from ages ago in Latin only. (For priests, 'cos the Ordinary's noted, but anyway.) So if you're at all interested, e-mail me!

Fri Aug 04, 03:15:00 PM GMT  
Blogger Lactantius:

On behalf of Perpetua, yes she is still interested in acquiring a Latin only missal.

On a related topic, are they getting rid of any breviaries in Latin only? If so please email either Perpetua or myself because we could both do with a complete breviary. I would actually like a Dominican breviary which I presume the OPs have, since I am an OP tertiary.

PS. Perhaps the OPs could put up a list of titles so us poor liturgical literature starved servants of God in Australia could acquire some OP hand-me-downs. Please feel free to mention that it is for tertiaries.

Sat Aug 05, 01:48:00 AM GMT  
Blogger aaron:

Damn Damn Damn! Why do the OPs get rid of things like that! And even more annoying, why do they do things like that where I can't get my hands on some goodies!!

Sat Aug 05, 02:45:00 AM GMT  
Blogger Boeciana:

No Breviaries, alack alack. I did get a Graduale (OP) and a Liber Usualis (Roman), both quite knackered but usable.

Mon Aug 07, 01:14:00 PM GMT  
Blogger Boeciana:

Aargh, the email's bouncing back! Someone email me at boeciana[at]yahoo[dot]co[dot]uk, if you would be so kind...

Tue Aug 08, 05:15:00 PM GMT  
Blogger Liturgeist:

Have OP breviary... feeling guilty about it now... but was only just given to me by someone who knows me rather too well. The Roman one just wouldn't do... However, will look to my source with puppy-dog eyes and see what I can do... There must be loads kicking their heels on the shelves of Cambridge and Oxford, I dare say...

Wed Aug 09, 12:47:00 PM GMT  
Blogger Lactantius:

Boeciana I email you now about books since I don't think Perpetua has got arount to it. (After all she instigated this!)

Liturgeist, no need to feel guilty about having an OP breviary. Rather enjoy the privilege and make everyone else feel guilty they don't. (Oops, another uncharitable thought.) I must see if I can "borrow" one from the priory in Melbourne but if OPs at Oxbridge do have unused copies I will be more than happy to relieve them.

Fri Aug 11, 01:29:00 AM GMT  
Blogger Lactantius:

Apologies for sounding like a stereotypical Chinamen with my omission of the word "will" in "I emal you now ..." Further apologies for confusing "arount", which sounds awfully like "a runt", with "around". You see this is what you get from an Australian education at parochial schools.

Fri Aug 11, 01:34:00 AM GMT  
Blogger Thought and Action:

It's rather the same here in Ireland.Very often i manage to pick up at a reasonable price,old missals,books in second hand book shops.Then you have religious houses giving away missals and all things "Latin" in appearance.Atleast us Traditionalists make use of them

Sat Aug 12, 10:07:00 PM GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home