Translate this page:   العربية   Deutsch   ελληνικά   title="Spanish"Español   فارسی   Français   Italiano   עברית   日本語   한국어   Nederlands   Polski   Portuguese   русский   украї́нська   Türkçe   中文

Saturday, February 03, 2007

A Benedictine

Today I had my first Benedictine encounter. I saw him quietly come into the church in simple habit, and drape himself with his monastic vesture. I saw him praying before Mass. I saw him work at the altar. I saw his elevations. I saw the Eucharistic Christ sprout from his hands like a flower. I felt the Benedictine habit against my face as I received his first blessing. I put my fingers on his hands as he asked for prayers. I saw his wonderful countenance. So much humility, joy, and firm sensibility.

Earlier in the morning, I had candles at my throat.

I saw all these things, these most amazing things, and there isn't much to say.

God, help me.

Comments [2]

Anonymous Anonymous:

Wonderful! God has already helped you and blessed you through this Benedictine.

Sat Feb 03, 01:52:00 PM GMT  
Blogger Liturgeist:

Hmm.... Julie muses...

Actually, that reminds me to post something...

Mon Feb 05, 12:15:00 PM GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home