Translate this page:   العربية   Deutsch   ελληνικά   title="Spanish"Español   فارسی   Français   Italiano   עברית   日本語   한국어   Nederlands   Polski   Portuguese   русский   украї́нська   Türkçe   中文

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Preparing to Say Goodbye

To the Alleluia.

There is so much happening this week - Candlemas, Blessing of throats, Benedictine visit - and in other non-liturgical areas. Aside from all this, the calendar says that it's almost time to bid a farewell to the Alleluia. There are a number of accounts as to how this takes place, from a procession and burial, a burning of an alleluia wreath, or extra antiphons. Most accounts point out that the clergy seem to opt out of it - but we have such reverently creative servers, so I hope that they come up with something. It all seems rather soon, doesn't it? I'm all for an Alleluia (burial) plot, without the childish wailing. I wonder what the Dom will think?

That means the Ave Regina Caelorum will be coming back - and I still don't know the Alma Redemptoris Mater - but I suppose I have until Friday night...

One can't be glummy on the eve of the feast of St Francis de Sales! Even his name makes you smile! :)

Qualis est his? Quis ut Deus?

Can you please pray a Pater, an Ave, and a Gloria for me. God bless you.

Comments [1]

Blogger Liturgeist:

P -

Art thou well? Please email me if anything's up.

JMR

Mon Feb 05, 12:42:00 PM GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home