Translate this page:   العربية   Deutsch   ελληνικά   title="Spanish"Español   فارسی   Français   Italiano   עברית   日本語   한국어   Nederlands   Polski   Portuguese   русский   украї́нська   Türkçe   中文

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Some tears and a few dollars

Today Omar (dear friend, crusader, server, and quiet intellectual) almost wept for joy after finally collecting his heart's desire, a Knox translation of the Bible, for a $1 at a book sale at Sacred Heart church, Kew. As for me, the Waugh library has increased by one. I am now reading Edmund Campion ($1), and I feel like a few tears in sorrow. I take back any associated humour in the post somewhat below about the terms Popery and Priestcraft.

"The altar stones were taken for paving and cheese presses" (p 20.)

No requiems, no absolution. (Let November begin.)

How is the gold become dim, the finest colour is changed, the stones of the sanctuary are scattered in the top of every street?

I am reluctantly reserved to the fact that I will have to wait until Holy Week next year for Tenebrae. So, now I am looking forward to the Martyrology. On that happier note, the Mass for the 19th Sunday after Pentecost is just beautiful. I have been reading St Francis de Sales and so to find 'be angry and sin not' was a little treat.

No more lamenting, today was a lovely day, and so tomorrow will be too.

Thank you to Aaron for the kind link. He features some great Speck cartoons! Less than two weeks until Christus Rex - how does one best and authentically prepare for pilgrimage?

PS I am sending some letters of thanksgiving off soon :)

Comments [0]

Post a Comment

<< Home