Translate this page:   العربية   Deutsch   ελληνικά   title="Spanish"Español   فارسی   Français   Italiano   עברית   日本語   한국어   Nederlands   Polski   Portuguese   русский   украї́нська   Türkçe   中文

Sunday, September 18, 2005

The tale of Tara: The Juventutem 'vaga'

So, how does Tara, the unofficial Juventutem 'vaga' and thereby of no fixed address spend her days? In a love-sick celestial daze consisting of daily Mass, exposition and adoration of our dear Lord, prayer, street-wandering, church-hugging, and singing silent Divine praises. I do fit in weekly Latin classes, and the occasional all-night church stay when others are out night-clubbing. Unfortunately at the moment, I'm still a little shy to go verbally shouting from the roof-tops. Yes, I am Tara, a poor sinner, I am one of 'them', and I go to 'that'. Deo gratias!

Anyway, I was thinking about a few more serious things:

- Perhaps we could make up some badges using something like a Cafe-Press service. I always wanted a 'I would rather be at Mass' badge!
- Do you think that there ever may be the possibility of a group of religious women forming to live out a similar life to those affiliated with the Institute of Christ the Sovereign Priest, but in this case, the FSSP? Do you think that this endeavour (prayer, sacrifice etc for the benefit of our Fathers and Seminarians) best remain the thing of private intention? Leave it to the Divine Will?
- Does anyone know of any good online 'showbag' inserts to encourage Catholic youth around University entrance age to discover the Latin Mass?

Oh yes - has anyone yet read the good Father Lang's book, 'Turning Towards the Lord'? I have just completed it, and am very impressed. Father has used a very convincing balanced, prayerful, and Patristic-based argument in favour of eastern orientation in prayer, and thus most perfectly, in the Liturgy of the Church. Yes, dear Father Lang - the one of whom I asked to translate the contents of a German shampoo bottle to me to prove that it did not contain conditioner...

A rather different post(!) - orationibus meis - bona nox (on my side!) :)

Comments [3]

Blogger Boeciana:

What a beautiful, and humbling, description of your vita vagans.

Fr Lang's book just arrived for me yesterday from Amazon, with the deutsch Compendium of the Catechism (hurry up, Anglophone bishops!). Am a bit over-excited now... I also just began reading Pilgrim Fellowship of Faith - it's fantastic so far, in case anyone else out there is even more behind than me in reading the Holy Father's opera. Profoundly humbling and moving, full of sudden shafts of light. And that's only the first forty pages.

Sun Sep 18, 03:10:00 PM GMT  
Blogger Aristotle:

Re: CafePress

Tara, check your e-mail...I'm sending you, Catherine and Karolina a follow-up message to my original one requesting a scan of a distinctly Australian food product.

Mon Sep 19, 12:08:00 AM GMT  
Anonymous Anonymous:

Christa - when I was speaking of a 'showbag' insert, I was thinking along the lines of something, say an A3-A4 sized flyer or similar, that could be placed in a small bag (perhaps a paper one) to be given to students who will be attending a state gathering to encourage them to discover the treasures of the Latin Mass. Is there something already constructed online that would fit that profile? That takes me back to those flyers in Dusseldorf - 'Can the TLM Change Your Life?' Yes, yes it can.

Mon Sep 19, 06:58:00 AM GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home