Translate this page:   العربية   Deutsch   ελληνικά   title="Spanish"Español   فارسی   Français   Italiano   עברית   日本語   한국어   Nederlands   Polski   Portuguese   русский   украї́нська   Türkçe   中文

Monday, September 18, 2006

Benedictus qui venit in nomine Domini...

Firstly, please pray for me. Boeciana can vouch for the mess I'm in. 'Nough said. Dark, dark, dark...

Secondly, despite darkness and ickiness and generally not being in sound mind or body, I have had a summons to speakers' corner by a dear muslim gentleman with whom I was dialoguing some weeks back.

We were engaged in a lovely debate over whether the doctrine of the Trinity was internally coherent or not. This was quite fun as were were all coming from a purely philosophical angle and several people were playing devil's advocate all over the place. Completely harmless.

Now the problem is this: While he is predominantly concerned with continuing this philosophical exercise, which I can tell you has certainly improved my philosophy! I suspect there will be others there (as there were last time) with a slightly different agenda. Given that I've already been accused of treason against the crown on at least one occasion (prompting me to a wonderfully satisfying oration about the Tyburn martyrs killed on that very spot) and therefore shouldn't be particularly concerned, I'm not certain I'm up for joining them just yet. Just now.

All play to the Holy Father: 'I'm sorry you're so offended'. He's very clever indeed.

'Benedictus qui venit in nomine Domini...'

Comments [2]

Blogger Lactantius:

Liturgeist,

I hope you have made at least one passing reference to something from Book IV of the Summa Contra Gentiles. I haven't yet got round to it as I am still working my way through Book I but it might help if you are attempting to explain internal coherence of the Trinity.

Sorry to hear that you are not in sound mind or body. As Michelmas approaches I shall keep you espeically in my thoughts and pray that you be delivered, or at least relieved, from your distress.

God Bless

Tue Sep 19, 11:43:00 AM GMT  
Blogger Liturgeist:

Thanks. For those who don't already know, St. Michael is of course my patron too (at Confirmation)... Things are in process of improving, I hope. Perseverons. Foi est tout.

Tue Sep 19, 12:55:00 PM GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home