Translate this page:   العربية   Deutsch   ελληνικά   title="Spanish"Español   فارسی   Français   Italiano   עברית   日本語   한국어   Nederlands   Polski   Portuguese   русский   украї́нська   Türkçe   中文

Monday, September 18, 2006

Hello, I'm T Perpetua

And I'm a Melancholic.

Note: On accounts that I looked possessed, I have taken down the picture that was here!

Comments [6]

Blogger Lactantius:

I just did the test myself and guess what? I too am full of the black bile.

But at least we stand in good company with St. John the Divine (a little surprising), St. Francis (more surprising), St. John of the Cross (not surprising) and St. Catherine of Siena (let me get back to you after I read her biography and Dialogues again).

I note too the choice of vocations (artist, contemplative religious, theologian, writer) to be truly providential because I certainly am a lover of beauty and truth, silence and solitude.

I think we should have printed a card so others will know that we are melancholic and that to train us requires sympathy, kindness, understanding, encouragement, keeping us occupied but not over-burdened, cultivating our piety, teaching us to pronounce words properly and use our senses.

Tue Sep 19, 03:53:00 AM GMT  
Blogger Lactantius:

The ashes are great but a close up of the red eyes makes you look slightly, well, possessed. Though it might be argued that it could actaully be a case of being inflamed with the Holy Ghost.

Tue Sep 19, 11:52:00 AM GMT  
Blogger Boeciana:

Apparently I'm phlegmatic. Oh dear. Hope it caught me on a bad day. Hang on, that probably means it's more accurate...

Wed Sep 20, 12:11:00 PM GMT  
Anonymous Anonymous:

It's lovely that you're phlegmatic! I'm actuall a melancholic-phlegmatic. One of our dear priests is phlegmatic - the other a choleric par excellence! :)

Thu Sep 21, 10:46:00 AM GMT  
Blogger Lactantius:

Dear Perpetua,

Firstly, apologies for the reference to your red eyes but it was only when viewed close up and after due consideration, I am probably the only person to have thought of such things.

Secondly, if you wish put the picture back. From another perspective it appears you are on your way to class marked with the sign of faith, a very bold statement if I may say and one which should be an isnpiration to all those other ACU/CTC scholars.

Pax

Sun Sep 24, 08:24:00 AM GMT  
Blogger Aristotle:

According to a test I took on a Catholic site, I'm 62% melancholic, 38% phlegmatic. However, if the situation warrants it, I can resemble a choleric or a sanguine.

Tue Sep 26, 04:46:00 AM GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home