Translate this page:   العربية   Deutsch   ελληνικά   title="Spanish"Español   فارسی   Français   Italiano   עברית   日本語   한국어   Nederlands   Polski   Portuguese   русский   украї́нська   Türkçe   中文

Friday, March 31, 2006

Laetare

Here is a link to where one can download the 'pew sheet' for Laetare Sunday in pdf format. Thank you, Hugh! It was a glorious day, with everyone most pleased. His Lordship edified, and gifted with a gold mitre, candidates, confirmed. I have much more to say about it all, but it will have to wait just a little while. There are lots of pictures, too!

Speaking of pictures, I am going to take one of the new piece of 'art' standing in one of the side altars at the Cathedral. I urge anyone in Melbourne to go and see it. I can't really explain it, but I think you would all enjoy seeing it. I just hope the debris won't stain the tiles.

Speaking of tiles, my dear lecturer was commenting on the particularities of modern church architecture, saying something like, "What a shame that people these days are much rather interested in tiling their bathrooms and kitchens".

And another light-hearted conversation on indulgences:

Friend: "Well, I'd ask for a 200, 000 day indulgence, then I'd hope to be half way through my Purgatory. One should keep a notebook of these things".
Me: "They don't really mention 'times' anymore".
Jude: "That's right. I'm afraid the notebook would be useless".
Me: "They'd stamp it void"
Friend: "You should have died before 1960!"
(Laughter)

Et lacrimatus est Jesus.

Comments [0]

Post a Comment

<< Home