Translate this page:   العربية   Deutsch   ελληνικά   title="Spanish"Español   فارسی   Français   Italiano   עברית   日本語   한국어   Nederlands   Polski   Portuguese   русский   украї́нська   Türkçe   中文

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Hands at Mass

I have discovered the most wonderful little book. It is called 'Hands at Mass' published in 1951, and is a photo plate study of the priest's hands at Mass, accompanied by the liturgical text. Awe-inspiring to say the least. The sad thing was though that I was the first to borrow it since 1970. Telling. Anyhow, I was wondering if any of you dear people knew of something similar on the internet, or another book etc? I am aware of the Fulton Sheen 'This is the Mass'. I would very much love to share this with you - perhaps we could have our Fathers do an updated version? I will end as the book does, with a Deo gratias, in thanksgiving for events that mean I am no longer a little vagrant (see below) - though I remain very much love-sick :)

Comments [1]

Blogger Juan:

It's a custom in some Catholic cultures, notably Mexico, for the faithful to kiss the priest's hands, since they are the cradle of the Word. Eminently laudable. Of course, anyone can touch Our Lord nowadays.

Fri Sep 23, 07:33:00 AM GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home